01 January 2008

Christmas Gift Wrap Up Part 2

More Christmas gifts!



Dad got a promise of a sweater vest and an actual scarf. The scarf is much darker and richer looking in real life. The yarn was something gorgeous and sproingy from the sale bin at Knit Picky. I think it was a Crystal Palace yarn, but I will have to check. The pattern is the Cable Scarf from Lion Brand.










Mom got a scarf inspired by Denyse Schmidt Quilts. "Inspired" means that I didn't follow the directions and it came out different than it was supposed to be.











Mom also got the Juliet I made for myself. I went down a size, but I think that I need to go down to the small (unthinkable!) even though I got gauge with the Patons Shetland Chunky. I'll have to try it again.










I didn't manage to get started on the Amy Butler messenger bag for my brother Sturkey. Hopefully, he will get it for his birthday next month. My little brother is only 10 so I didn't want to inflict hand knits on him (although I did threaten him with itchy wool underpants). He got a Playstation 3 game instead. But when he saw me knitting the Dashings, he said that his friend had a pair of fingerless mitts and he wanted some too. I'll have to start on those soon plus a pair for Stephanie, in red of course.

My co-workers, family, and my book club buddies all got rice heat therapies bags and a few got eye pillows too.

The coolest thing I made is for my friend Ben out in Colorado.











That hat was amazing to knit! This was my first fair isle project. It was fun watching the pattern emerge as I knit from the chart. I used Cascade 220 in cream and black (the leftovers went to Laura's Dashings). This is the perfect hat for Ben because 1) the logo for his new band involves skulls so he can wear this onstage during gigs, 2) Colorado is cold right now and the extra earflap will be useful, and 3) he loves him some pirates y'all.

And of course everything got wrapped up all cute like and Christmas cards (from Paper Source) went out before Christmas!










Overall, everyone loved their gifts. I have decided to start making gifts all year long so I don't go through this again next year. If you think that's a good idea too, check out the Year Long Gift-A-Long.

3 comments:

Still Patrice said...

You were busy!! everything looks good though!

Virtuous said...

I love the cable scarf!

And you did a fantastic job with the fair isle hat and it was your FIRST time!! Wow!!

Nice gifts! That you actually had time to wrap all cute?!? You are a good one!! :oD

urbanknitrix said...

Wow!!! That hat is sooo cute. I am a skull lover too.