23 March 2009

Chuva



Umm . . . yeah . . . it's been a while since I've posted anything. Technically it has almost been 13 months. Yikes! I have been knitting up a storm, I just never got the "knit something, take a picture, put the picture on flickr, blog about picture" thing down. I'll try to be better . . . we'll see.



I am turning up now for a good reason. If you remember all the way back to my last blog post, I was congratulating Emily on winning my contest supporting Big Brothers and Big Sisters. The 2009 Bowl for Kids Sake for Big Brothers and Big Sisters has come and gone, but I am still raising money. If you donate to my local Big Brothers and Big Sisters, I will send you a copy of my first pattern, Chuva. This fingerless mitt is based on the beautiful Droplet Hat designed by Norah Gaughan (who graciously let me use this motif in my design).


You can donate through the above link through March 31st. Please send me a quick email at renee dot antoinette at gmail dot com to let me know that you made a donation and I will send you a pdf of the pattern.
Thanks to my test knitters Nik and Stacey!
Coming soon . . . what I have been working on for the last year so.

4 comments:

KimT said...

nice!

Virtuous said...

I am such a bad gurl! Will get thru them soon! :)

Monique said...

Very nice!

Nik said...

I like the color yarn you chose. I gave them to my boyfriend's mom-since she wears fingerless gloves-and she loves them.