26 February 2008

Blog Contest Winner - Emily!

Thank you to everyone who gave to Bowl for Kids Sake to support Big Brothers Big Sisters! Ranette and I raised $534.05 - that is much more than I ever dreamed possible.

Emily is our big winner! She wins her very own copy of The Best of Interweave Knits: Our Favorite Designs from the First Ten Years!

Emily, send your address to me at renee DOT antoinette AT gmail DOT com and I will send the book to you. In case you already have this book, we can work out another knitterly prize for you.

I was a biology major and I feel the need to include a "Methods" section to this blog post. My completely scientific process included:

1) put all four entrants names in an excel spreadsheet

2) sort the names by the third letter in each person's first name

3) run down the hall and ask my co-worker Greg to pick a number between 1 and 4

4) tell Greg that 3.5 is not an answer that works for me and ask him to pick a whole number

5) Greg picks 3

6) I run back to my desk to see who is in the number 3 position on the spreadsheet and see that it is Emily.

So congratulations, Emily! Your book will come to you soon.

Also coming soon, the last of my Christmas presents!

4 comments:

Virtuous said...

What fun and for a worthy cause!

SO glad you surpassed your goal over and over again!! :oD YAH!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you passed your goal!!

Felicia said...

Congratulations Emily :)

Virtuous said...

Ooh you changed your blog banner!

I just happen come by b/c I had to reference you post on the kid knit book recommendation! ;o)

Hope you are happily knitting over there!

Happy 2009 Renee!!