31 August 2007

What I have been up to, craftwise




This is the start of my first quilt, the Crazy Eights. So far I have 16 of the 32 squares that I will need for the quilt top. I have no idea how to piece them together, add a back to the quilt, or do the binding. I want to learn the process one step at a time. This will probably result in a lot of mistakes, but this is how I will do it for now. Can you tell that I am one of those people who hates reading the instruction manual first?
Mistakes aplenty have already been made. Due to an unfortunate cutting error I will have to go back to this lovely store - Sew Original - to purchase more fabric. The last time (and first time) I was there, my mom and I DESCENDED on that store. The sweet owners showed us all of the fabric and all of the projects hanging around the store. They invited us to come back and take a class or just browse to our hearts content. They ended up keeping the store open for 30 extra minutes to answer all of our questions. It was probably the best experience I have ever had in a fabric store and that is saying a lot.

No comments: